Friday, October 28, 2005

nice commute...

Hey folks. I'm sittin' in the good ol' Tabula coffee house in between work at the sim lab. Mmm...coffee. I rode the Surly to work today, as I am carless. It's not so bad. Inconvient at times, but really only when I don't plan well. If you plan out your day ahead of time and give yourself realistic time frames to get things done, biking to work can be great. The wind is howlin' from the south today as it does often in Grand Forks, so the ride to the lab was super easy. Not sure how the return trip will turn out, but I can work it and get sweaty going home if I need to. I might go out for some more riding tonight too, but I'm not sure yet. I'll see what's going on. The bike forum is starting to get going, with more people signing up. We're up to six, which is very small, but every fire starts with a spark. Just looking at the bike racks as I commute around campus, I can see some sweet bikes, and I know that riders are out there; the word just has to get out about the forum for it to be sweet. Sunday should be good, as I posted a Turtle River State Park ride, and got some people together for some singletrack. Might take the singlespeed for a few laps, but I think I should ride my poor Trek 8000 that has been suffering from a hard case of prarie-induced lack of riding. Someday I hope to take it home to the moutains. Anyhow, stuff to do; more later...

No comments: