Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Well I'm getting slightly more confident on Little Cottonwood Canyon granite. This past weekend, our good friends Casey and Sarah Grove from St. Louis visited, and Kelly took Casey and I out climbing. We did a 5.7 crack system, and then dropped halfway back down the face we were on and jumped on Green Adjective- a 5.9+ finger crack with a 5.10a variation start that was featured on the cover of Climbing magazine last year. Since the climbs in Little Cottonwood are usually lower than they should be (meaning they feel harder than they are rated, and usually give me a healty spanking), I thought I wouldn't have a chance. But I managed to pull it off and had a great time on a famous Utah trad climb. Sweet. Here's a couple shots:

Kelly on lead...



















Me, not on lead... :)

No comments: