Saturday, October 21, 2006

Well yesterday was the first time I've ever transported shrimp on a bike. :) I've recently rigged my own rack-trunk set up for my touring bike, cuz I don't have the $100 it would cost for a real one. Mine consists of a $3 on sale basket from BigLots, a $5 on sale bungee net and $1 webbing clips from REI, and some spare nylon webbing from my climbing arsenal. Works fairly well. I ran all my errands with it yesterday, which included hauling another load to recycling, and bringing home groceries from SuperTarget (Wild Oats is an hour ride each way, so that still gets done in the truck most times). So yes, it was the first time I transported shrimp on a bike. It was accompanied by a gallon of milk, two containers of orange juice, and lots of little stuff. I don't know what the load weighed, but it was decent and the bike handled exceptionally. The new fenders also did their job, as about of mile of the ride was following a street cleaner on wet roads, so I'd have been pretty spattered up without them. It's so nice to have a beast of burden bicycle in your stable....


I'm pretty sure Mullet looks like he wants a ride.... :)

No comments: