Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More slacklining...

I thought I'd post some more slackline pix as well as long I'm in the blogging mood. I really need to get some pictures of me actually on a line, but I'm always by myself when I'm out. So for now you'll have to pretend to enjoy pictures of the slackline itself. This was quite a long line I set up in Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park down the road from where we are staying. It was somewhat secluded, with a lightly traveled bike path running nearby. The riders all stopped to wonder what on earth I was doing balancing on my little strip of nylon. Having fun is what.
It took a 9 to 1 tensioning system to get the line tight enough considering it's length. The mess of carabiners, knots and cord that you see at the left of the line is the tensioning system to pull the mainline that is walked tight (although it is always somewhat slack compared to a tightrope, hence the name slackline.)

This picture sure shows a bit of my nature, the slackline itself is one venture, the touring bike another entirely, and the wood grip on the tensioning system is a bit of an old walking stick picked up while backpacking in the Northwoods. Many methods of outdoor escape.

No comments: