Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trailer

Well, I guess this will be picture-less since I forgot to take one, but I just enjoyed using my BOB trailer that I purchased last year, but haven't used yet due to the impracticality of living in a second floor apartment for so long.  Alison and I just did a car free errand trip around our neighborhood, stopping by the hardware and grocery stores, and the trailer hauled quite a lot.  I wasn't sure what to expect as I've never pulled a bicycle trailer, and the streets were ice covered (I was riding the Karate Monkey with studded cross tires), but things went fine.  I can't give any sort of review at this point since I haven't used it long enough, but all I can say is the trailer feels way different than panniers.  I'll have to see how I like it over time.
I haven't had the Mukluk out this weekend, as we've been settling into the new place; I hope to get out and ride soon.  It'll be a busy week with a very full teaching load, as well as starting the ball rolling on finishing my garage and getting a shop space set up out there.  It'll be so nice to have bicycle wrenching territory.  That's all for now...

1 comment:

Wilson said...

I've never pulled a trailer before but I do want to plan on making some longer trips in the future that may require it. I look forward to hearing your impressions. I also look forward to seeing your new wrenching space once its up and running.
Cheers!