Thursday, September 20, 2012

Headwaters 100 Live Tracking...

Well, I finally broke down and bought a SPOT tracker.  I've been meaning to pick one up for quite some time, seeing as I'm always dragging my poor wife out into the woods where are phones are useless, and if we ever needed to call for help we'd be stuck.  So I bought one.  And it's not just for emergencies, it can be used for regular check in messages, and live tracking.  I'm going to give it a test run day by using the live tracking feature during this saturdays Headwaters 100 up in Park Rapids, MN.  I set up a SPOT Adventures page here for anyone who cares to watch my progress.  It'll be my first full century since my chest surgeries assuming I finish.  I've had to scratch at the past couple distance events I've tried during my long healing process.  I think this one should go well though.  Follow along if you feel like it, and better yet- come ride!

1 comment:

treadnorth said...

Well, tracking didn't work this time after all that hype. I don't know if I didn't use the device correctly or what, and I have an inquiry sent to SPOT that I'm waiting to here back on. If you tried to watch me, thanks, and sorry it didn't work. Hopefully next time...