Thursday, January 12, 2006

new semester o'kids

I managed to swing 8.9 hours of contact (paid) time yesterday with new and old students. 7.8 of it was briefing, so my voice is a little scratchy, but it was nice for a pilot to get paid for once. The next few weeks should be busy, with nine students, moving, and a wedding arriving. Might not hear too much from me, but we’ll see.
Singlespeed drivetrain arrived in the mail a couple days ago. I installed the two new freewheels, but I can’t quite get the chainring bolts out to replace the chainring yet. Park Tools makes a tool for the job that only cost 4 bucks, but I failed to think of buying one with my last purchase of parts. I can’t count on the local bike shops here to stock much of anything either; not because they don’t want to, but because not many riders live here, and tools would just sit of their shelves. I’ll have to go to Lowe’s or Menard’s and see what I can create on the cheap. Then my all steel workhorse of a drivetrain on my steel bike will be ready to crush things. Mmmm.

No comments: