Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Scruff...

I've got job interviews coming up this week, so I decided to shave off the beard I've been wearing for the past month. Somebody out there decided that beards are unprofessional, causing men everywhere the agony of having to shave everyday in order to look how we're supposed to. Uggh. At least my wife is cool and likes my beard. Anyhow, when you shave a beard off, it's always a good idea to take some nasty pictures of how terrible some variations of facial scruff can look on a young white dude. Particularly the mustache. A mustache can look quite good on some men; my father for example. Airline captains fit the bill as well (hairy knuckles are also require for this venue- so I'm told). But a twenty five year old Scandinavian super white guy with blondish facial hair is not the individual to rock the 'stache. It must be a full beard. Pictures to follow:

Pre shave:














Hip and relaxed with beard and shades. Everyone knows I'm hip. Wait, I guess I already gave away that I'm a super white Scandinavian...















Mid shave, and descent into facial nastiness.














Further into shave and entry into full facial nastiness. Prime example of the dangers of underage mustache'ing:

4 comments:

Ty said...

That last one is the most horrendous thing I've ever seen. Hope you get the job bud!

Adam said...

As awkward as some of those pictures are, I'm still jealous overall...blondish facial hair is much more forgiving of the occasional shaver's laziness. Even when I have a full beard I still have to shave the upper cheeks and neck every day to avoid looking like someone's evil minion.

Casey & Sarah said...

Dude, those pictures were beautiful. If an employer doesn't give you the nod and you have a sweet stash, well then I say give them a round house kick to the face! At least we know this....none of us will have to shave in heaven...it's in the Bible, look it up.

Anonymous said...

That last pic has child molester written all over it. I miss my old leprechaun beard. I do not miss its itchiness, however.