Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We've arrived...

Well, we’re settled into our new residence in Coon Rapids, MN, which brings us to the third state we’ve lived in during our first 11 months of marriage. I think some marital counselor types tell people that you’re not supposed to uproot yourself and move during the first year. Whoops. Anyhow, the trip up went relatively smoothly, but not without incident. Friday, we finally left after the weather and roadways cleared in the mountain west, and reached Bozeman, MT. When we woke up there on Saturday it was a crisp -19 degrees below, F. I spent 25 years in ND and 4 months in UT, so you’d think I’d be used to the abusive cold, but it sure hurt to feel it again. Yuk. And just so I got to really get back into the hostile weather of the north, I blew a tire on the Uhaul trailer I was towing, and got to sit on the side of I-90 for four hours awaiting a designated Uhaul-approved mechanic to perform the rocket science of changing a tire within company policy boundaries. Nice. But we did make it to Bismarck, ND that night (although not quite in time for dinner as we expected), and got to spend some time with my parents, who dropped down from their home in Minot. Sunday, we reached the Twin Cities, in time for more snow. The snow here is rather pitiful compared to the mountains, so it was no big deal to drive through. Now we are unpacking, and once again on the job search. More from the Jensens later…

No comments: