Friday, April 20, 2007

Memories...

So from time to time I look through the millions of digital pix on my computer from days past, and this time I ran across a picture of a place I just stood this past Sunday, the parking lot of Palisade Head along the North Shore of Lake Superior in Northern MN. I'm not sure exactly what year it was taken in, but it was definitely during college. It sure brought up good memories of forcing very good trips into a hectic schedule and spending priceless time with my best friends that I'd never trade for anything. It seems that with age many of us forget to have this fun. I like this particular picture not because of its quality (it's a pretty crummy picture really), but because it really sums up a time period of my life. Putting tons of outdoor gear in someone's beat up old vehicle that might make it to the desired playground, and hanging out in the best places on earth. Sweet. Who wants to go on another adventure?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Charlene... you were taken before your time. I fondly remember climbing our her tailgate (the sliding door being broken) for Burger Night at the Cay.

Unknown said...

I never knew you named my old van "Charlene". I would have named it something more like "Ethel".

Ty said...

Vacation anytime man, just let me know!

Anonymous said...

Is that not Charlene?? Doppelganger!