Thursday, July 05, 2007

Return to rock?

Alison and I went out to visit Interstate State Park NE of the Twin Cities this past Sunday in search of rock climbing options here in SE MN. I'm pleased to say that the park does contain some decent rock for the midwest. I will be able to keep slightly interested in rock climbing during my continued time in the mostly flat lands. We are receiving a new rope from a good friend of mine (thanks again David!) in exchange for some bicycle overhauling, so we'll be able to dust of our other gear and get back on the real stuff. I'm out of climbing shape, but bike wrenching has kept my forearms and fingers in decent condition (beat up and calloused), so I should transition back ok.
In other news, I received the best tip I've ever gotten at a job yesterday. I sold a pair of Speedplay Zero Series pedals (friggin' sweet) to a local roadie, and he gave me his pair of Speedplay X Series pedals that he was upgrading from as a tip! Nice. I had to pick up a set of cleats for them, but thats a small price to pay for a $150 set of pedals. Not so bad. Al and I rode out in the Stillwater, MN area yesterday for the 4th, and they performs quite nicely. They're much freer than the Looks I've been riding in regards to the float, but that's the point (sorry to bore those non-cyclists reading). Anyhow, it was an impressive tip.
Alison and I are heading to ND for the weekend. Adam and Jamie are coming up from TX to visit home, so we decided to meet them there so everyone would be together for once. Doesn't happen much. We're pumped to see them, and Mullet too! We haven't seen our fat pet since we moved back from UT in January, and we miss him! Mullet, you better not die before we move to a place that allows pets again. I think he's got several years left if we control his fattening. The little guy's not fond of exercise. Anyhow, we'll be staying in Grand Forks tomorrow night (that will be weird), and continuing on Saturday morning for Minot, where I did my growing up. Well, part of my growing up. That seems to be a continuing project.
Well, I've got to rest up for another big shop day (today was 12 hours; more tomorrow). Don't waste the summer, get outside!

No comments: