Monday, April 07, 2008

Quick weekend...

Had a good last couple days. Alison and I flew first class up to Minot to visit my parents for about 24 hours. It was a quick trip, but long overdue. It was good to get home again and do some catching up. We didn't quite know if we'd make it or not because the DC-9's we were flying on kept getting held up for maintainence and the flights kept getting delayed, but we made it. Northwest Airlines, it's time to move on to Mesaba's CRJ's and retire the DC-9's. I think DC must stand for Dirty and Crusty. :)
Before flying out on Saturday I did a quick road spin with my buddy Nate, and it hit 60 degrees here in St. Paul. Everyone was out. I even met a local bicycle framebuilder, Bob Brown while riding. Cool.
Also of note, the new Counting Crows CD, Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings, rocks. Of course it does. It was time for another album after waiting six years. I'm going to go ahead and mark them down as one of my favorite bands. Good stuff.
Well, off to bed to rise early and pedal to work. The Long Haul Trucker has been truckin' effectively and with obviously Surly-ness. :)

1 comment:

Ty said...

It must be an awesome person who gave you that CD...