Monday, September 29, 2008

Headwaters 100 Year 2008

I rode my strongest century this past Saturday.  It was at the yearly Headwaters 100 in Park Rapids, MN.  This one's become a yearly tradition for me and some of my road buddies.  Role call this year ran pretty thin; only myself and friend Nate Goltz showed from the old crew which numbered around 6 or 7 depending on years.  Nate is running the Twin Cities Marathon this coming weekend, so he elected to ride the 45 mile short option of the event, so I rode the full miles mostly solo.  Some guys Nate went to law school with showed for that one though, so I shared a few miles with them.  
I can tell all the commuting (18 miles roundtrip) from my St Paul apartment to my Eagan workplace is paying off.  I've also been adjusting the amount I eat on longish rides, and it's working.  I felt strong at the finish this year and sprinted the last couple miles at 22 mpg.  Those who know me realize that I usually don't end that strong, so it felt great.  I'm getting the sick urge to go bigger next year and move beyond the realm of century rides into a 150-200
 mile one-day ride.  We'll see.    















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your consumers in advance whatever they should expect from the e-mail marketing campaign. Include details at choose-because will enable your prospects know when they can anticipate to hear from you regular monthly, quarterly, or even more usually. Tell them what you would involve. Whether it be revenue, vouchers, or unique marketing promotions. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Illnerev5ss[/url]

Anonymous said...

Think about decreasing complete and accident insurance on older vehicles. These insurance plan alternatives reimburse you in the case of burglary or harm to your automobile however are comparatively costly, even though you have a great insurance deductible. In case the substitute value of your automobile is low, "comp and collision" insurance is usually not really worth the price. [url=http://www.xxxw12woo.info]photogap[/url]