Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Snowcaves and overdue singlespeeding

Yesterday was pretty entertaining. The temperture hit 33 (a sixty degree increase from last week), so I decided that since I still wasn't flying (pesky clouds) with my students, I would work on the snowcave my roommate Edward and I are building. It's our first snowcave, so hopefully it turns out. If any of you out there happen to be Eskimos you can let me know your thoughts on quality snow-home building. Yes I know, Eskimos live with central heat and air just like I do; bad stereotype. Anyway, I also went singlespeeding with my trusty 1x1 after several weeks of way too cold. I still had a 36mph headwind going north, so it wasn't all splendid, but I ended up having a great ride overall. For those of you cycling nuts out there, I'm sure you've experienced the calm, dead air feel of riding with the wind at the same speed it's blowing. Well it's even cooler when you are doing it in blustery night winter weather. Everything around you is howling, but you feel quite nice. It's like your cheating the elements. Anyways, there will be more on the snowcaving as it is constructed, or simply falls over.

No comments: