Thursday, April 21, 2005

Angry dogs a' runnin'

So much wind and a lack of work has caused me to start running on a regular basis. I have free time to ride, but I just haven't been able to get motivated to ride into the invisible force of energy that punches you of your bike known as Red River Valley WIND. Ouch. I think running is equally as painful, but it ends sooner. It's been going ok, despite some lessons I should have been able to skip if I would think ahead. One example is that I've learned in my last few times with the running shoes on that one should not attempt to go fast equipped with three hot dogs topped with Cholula pepper sauce in one's stomach. My attempt on my road bike to ride a century off two McDonalds cheeseburgers (yes, I used to subject my body to such filthy non-food) should have taught me better. Anyway, hopefully there will be a break in the wind at the same time I have a break in my dwindled down schedule, and I can experience the goodness of my Lemond again.

No comments: