Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Take a lesson from a little dude named Mullet

So I've recently decided that all of us should take a lesson in relaxation from my cat. Yup, my cat. I've determined that he can relax like no one else (granted he doesn't have much going on upstairs). No matter what is going on, Mullet (yes, somehow my former college roommates and I decided on this name, and believe me, it fits this cat) is always quick to chill. As we speak he's upside down on the floor behind me, no doubt dreaming of a buffet where one does not need opposable thumbs to be served. There can be all kinds of craziness going on around this cat- being attacked by Furious George, the house's other feline, or Edward, (roommate, and another form of animal), but Mullet will quickly return to relaxing after the hustle is over. No grudges, no worries. He's got his mind made up to live life happy. He finds a good time in simple things (playing fetch with pop bottle caps and wearing grocery bags.) He's not upset that he's confined to live in somebody's home his whole life. He's not even upset that someone cut off his manhood (well, I guess he's probably just gotten over it.) He loves to follow you around the house, jump in your lap and snif your chin. In contrast, Furious George, mentioned before, has got the opposite take on life. He's always looking out the window, angry, and demanding what he doesn't have. He wants people to give him what he wants, and then leave him alone. We've all got a lot going on to make us crazy or want different situations, but I think Mullet's got some answers for us. Love the simple things in life. Don't spend all your time wishing you could "get out the window", never being happy with what you have. Enjoy being with the people in your life. Take a nap when you need it. And if you really want to, wear a bag on your head, (but I think that might just be a Mullet thing.)

No comments: