Saturday, April 09, 2005

Pretty clear to me....

I was reading in my bible this morning, and I went through the first three chapters of the book of Galations. It seems so obvious by reading this and many other sections of the New Testament that faith, not human effort, is how one reaches God. It's so strange to me to see so many people in the world doing all sorts of things by their own means to try to "get to heaven". And I'm talking about people who claim the Bible as their holy book as well, not just other religions. I wonder if they've read it lately, because it seems so clear to me by reading it that faith in Jesus Christ is our connection with God, and not rituals, good works, laws, or other forms of human effort. I guess it shouldn't be that big of a shock though to see people missing this, considering that the Bible calls the Gospel the "narrow path", and few follow it. It's just frustrating how we as people turn so quickly from God's plan to others we've made up ourselves. Take some time to read the Bible; the truth is mapped out very clearly.

No comments: