Saturday, October 01, 2005

55 degrees, rain, and almost seven hours of riding...

Such was the Headwaters 100 this year of 2005. Some might think this would not be called fun, but some are quite wrong. 700 riders registered this year, although I heard only 600 rode. Rain is just water. Water is life-sustaining. And 55 degrees is not cold when you're riding. The only times I got cold on the ride were when I stopped at the food stations to eat way to many cookies and linger too long while talking to the old folks of the little towns that the stops were in. Nice folk. I'd have taken pictures while at these rest stops, but because of the rain, my camera stayed in my van, which, in other news has been sick. 208,000 miles sick. I feared the worst, but through some wrenchin' and feelin' manly, I've got 'er up and running again, at least for a while. She's got to last a bit longer, until I get a job that pays me. I'll let her retire someday, after all the great trips she's driven. Anyhow, I'm always blogging when I should be sleeping.....

No comments: