Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sorry for the delay...

Wow, I need to get on the ball here with the bloggin'. Lazy month. I've actually been doing some work at the airport, and my van has needed so much attention that I've been lazy with other things, such as this site.
I think my van situation can be compared to a game of Jenga. We're on the last few block pulls, and it's all gonna come apart soon. I've had motor/transmission mounts failing, a nasty power steering leak, a bad thermostat, a bad radiator cooling fan motor, and now I'm getting random indications of alternator problems. Time to push it all into the river, I tell ya. Vans are supposed to be retired before this kind of 200,000 and beyond mileage. It's time to start building a van retirement fund, so it can stop working after all the years of service to society. And my word has this van served. Here's a photo showing you just how hard.

Not many vehicles can handle six bikes, three full packs of camping and climbing gear, plus an Edward full of Krispy Kremes. Impresive.

On the bike front, I've decided to try and be proactive in getting more group rides going in Grand Forks, in order to try and make the town more interesting for those of us who ride. I found a sweet free forum site, and started this:
http://gfbikeforum.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
Hopefully people will use it and it'll get things rollin' here on the prarie, even through the winter. I know there's some more crazies out there who ride snow. More on that project later.

On the wedding front, Alison and I are doin' well, getting everything going for the big day, which is Feb. 4th, 2006. Not to far to go. We're heading down to the cities tommorow to sample reception food and get the engagement pix taken. I think we might do some window shopping at REI too, so that should be fun. MMM....toys. I can't spend though.

Anyhow, it's off to work a while, then hopefully get some fall weather singlespeeding at the end of the day.

No comments: