Sunday, March 05, 2006

Two tall ones on ice...

Haven't been writing much lately. I still don't have an internet connection in our new apartment. The University is proving to be less than helpful despite our calls. It might get fixed someday. Anyhow, thanks for the 4 season tent parents! My buddy Chris and I spent last night in the wintery mix out at Turtle River State Park in the new Jensen family winter sleeper (an REI Mountain 2 tent). Good times. Another buddy of mine happens to be the assistant manager of the park now, so he came out and greeted us after we hiked in through the foot and a half of snow (the campground is closed except for crazies like us). So we stayed up 'till the wee hours chattin' in the snow, than took the tent for a test night. It was nice and toasty for the first half of the night, then I somehow slid my way off my ground pad, and with no more insulation from the ground I woke up a bit chilly. But all in all the system works fantastic, and winter wont stop the campin'. I'll have some pix if Chris emails then to me. If not, you'll have to use your imagination 'till next time.

No comments: