Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Yes, fenders are still cool

A trip to REI last night for some window shopping revealed quite a deal on some very nice fenders for my touring bike, so it ended up being more than window shopping. They were practically giving them away, so I broke down and bought them. 14 bucks for a great set of fenders is almost unheard of, but I've found a lot of deals here in one of the outdoor capitals of the world. I like it. :)














Anyhow, installing them proved to be a bit of a project, since like most new frames, there was quite a bit of paint cover the eyelet threads where the fenders attach, so I had to do a little frame tapping. You can see in the attached photo how much crud came through.















All in all, it was a needed addition to a true touring/commuter ride, and I think it clearly increased the bike's sexiness. :) Silver with black pinstripes. Nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got those same fenders (wider though, of course) on my Outpost. I spray painted `em black... black like the fenders a ninja would use.