Monday, October 09, 2006

Zero Emissions SUV...

Well unfortunately, UT is way to0 rough on singlespeeders, and I've gone and sold my 1x1. No more Surly in the herd, but I wisely replaced it with a sweet commuter/touring machine, a Trek 520. It's cool enough to ease the pain of parting with my custom 1x1 flatland commuting workhorse. This is a shot of my latest trip on the new steed, to the local recycling drop off. I don't have rack trunk yet, so some cardboard and twine held the load down. It was a wonderfully awkward ride. People looked at me with that "this is what happens when people don't go to college" look. :) Little do they know I have an degree from an aerospace college. Anyhow, it's a great mountain country commuter, and some day it's going to be ridden accross the country (yes, by me.) Edward has already said he's interested in a trip of the sort, and we've just got to figure out when it's going to happen. I sure have the time right now, but the whole money thing is the current tour-block. Careers.

No comments: