Sunday, January 25, 2009

Camping inside

So yeah, I've mentioned the cold outside here in STP lately.  My latest observation occurred while reading in bed last night before falling asleep.  I had a familiar feeling, but it wasn't something I normally notice at home.  I thought through my surroundings, and figured out that the feeling was that of camping.  Yeah, bedding down in cool air, requiring a hat, which I had on, and reading until I drift off.  I don't know how many times I've done that in a tent, but this time it was a king size pillow top scene right at home.  It's so cold outside that our drafty windows are allowing a camping-like feel to our own bedroom.  Upon waking this morning, the temperature in said sleeping quarters was 58 degrees.  Now that's a temperature I'd be very excited to see outside, but when we spend all our time trying to warm up, it's not a great bedroom temp.  But in a small way it brought a small smile to my face last night, because it caused me to remember all the great "tent times" I've had over the years.  I can't wait for spring and the thaw to hit.  Got a ways to go, but it's coming...

No comments: