Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring

I think I am finally safe in saying that it's here.  Amen.  Winter can suck bad, and it's gone.  
Commuting via bicycle has been getting seriously pleasant after many months of hardship.  Although oddly enough I have done less of it lately, which is rather backwards.  I was sick for two weeks, and then I've been focusing on climbing lately, as well as wanting to ride my Lemond and Stumpjumper after work.  Had the serious mountain bike out last night for the first time at Battle Creek, and was impressed by a couple new sections of singletrack.  The park is still super random, being that the trails just branch off all over the place with no real flow to your ride, but it's worth riding once and a while, and it's close to home.  If MORC does some more connecting development to existing singletrack the place could get pretty nice.  I'll have to get on their forums and see if I can offer some help doing so.  While I live here I want more good riding to show up.  None of it will beat my old UT backdoor trails, but something is better than nothing.
Tonight will be climbing at the gym; not enough sunlight yet after work to get out to real rock.  If anyone is interested in climbing some trad this weekend outdoors let me know; I'd love to go.  I still have several new cams purchased over the winter that have not yet seen rock, which is of course being unacceptable now that the weather is nice.  Let's go climbing!
More later...

No comments: