Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Too early for pain and cold...

So apparently we are skipping fall in MN and going straight to winter. Three measurable snowfall accumulations in the first half of the month, and temps 15 degrees below average. I fear I may actually miss the fall colors on the North Shore for the second year in a row too. Fall is not turning out to be all I'd hoped for so far. Plus, I managed to upset my knees already in my recent running endeavors. I entered the hills far too early and have had to stay away from runs for a few days now to recover. It's amazing how fast your body can turn on you if it's not used to the abuse you're giving it. I can absolutely pummel myself in the majority of cycling ventures and recover extremely fast, but running has been a new game completely. I'm sticking with it though, with due rest periods of course as to not injure myself.
The good part in these semi-painful and cold sloppy days is that my Karate Monkey is rearing to go as it's been hanging on a hook most of the summer while the Trucker and Stumpjumper and Lemond were played with. It's messy bike time again. And I've got to get back on the commuter horse again, as I've been driving too much. I got caught up with other outdoor ventures that were taking up a lot of time, and didn't ride to work as much lately. My coworkers have been razzing me for riding in the butt of winter last year but driving when it's been relatively mild out this summer. Yeah, that's dumb. I better fix things and start riding again now that the snow is back. :)

No comments: