Sunday, January 16, 2011

A few quicker steps...

Last weeks blog entry I shared that I've felt pretty down about my fitness level this far after surgery. Tonight helped to feel a bit better. It was a small step, just like when I blogged a couple months ago about returning to my indoor cycle trainer after only walking for exercise. Tonight I was able to run a mile on my in-laws treadmill. My chest was uncomfortable, but it held up fine and overall the run was great. It was a huge contrast from the last time I ran, which was a 9 mile trail run in Yosemite Valley two weeks before my surgery in July. But to go 1 mile after such a big surgery is great. There's got to be a starting point for each activity, and this was better than I've been expecting for a return to running. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I'm happy that it went well.

No comments: