Friday, December 16, 2005

No need for the trainer tonight...

Rough ride tonight. Edward is in town so we had a little heavy snow throw-down with the two of us and David K. Lots of fun, but I got worked with the normal summery 32x16 singlespeed setup. Ouch, I’ve gotta get an 18 tooth freewheel for the winter. You just can’t push the same gear in all the snow, especially as heavy as it was tonight. The trails I was so excited about a couple nights ago were just about unrideable this evening. But we trudged all the same. I can’t say I’ve hit the wall like that in a while though. I earned my dinner. The riding will be easier tomorrow as far as town goes, cuz the plows have finally ventured out now that enough cars have crashed. We had the melt, then freezing rain, then cold fluffy snow wipe-out mix the past couple days, and it’s all slip-and-slidey out. I bet the dude with the Pug is lovin’ it.

No comments: