Saturday, December 10, 2005

I hit up my indoor trainer last night for the first time this season. Not bad. It’s definitely far inferior to riding outside, a meager simulation to keep me from getting lazy during the freezing months, but it gets the workout job done. I have no plans of stopping the outdoor fat tire rides right now, as it’s actually pretty warm (low thirties today), but I still have to simmer the road riding skills with the trainer. There’s no off season, just a slow season. Also, I went to the climbing gym this week with Alison and pretended that I’m still a climber. It went ok; I was surprised at what I was able to climb after a lot of neglect to the sport this season after Edward and Kelly are no longer here to get me out to the real rocks down the road. I may head back to the gym today, we’ll see. It would be nice to make a routine of it again.

In other events, the Jensen family has been in a different mood than normal this week, as we are dealing with cancer. My grandmother has been coping with colon cancer for the past few months, and it appears now that it will take her life. She has always been an incredible woman in our family, and it’s sad to see this happen. The good news is that God is always ultimately in control, so there’s really nothing to worry about in the long run. We’ll look to Him for our strength.
Also on the topic of cancer, the Lance Armstrong Foundation (link found on the right column of this blog), has a tool to write to your state representatives to encourage funding of cancer research. It takes about 5 minutes of your time, and can help to save lives in the future when dealing with cancer. If our representatives don’t hear from us, how will we be represented? Let them know if this subject is important to you, as it is to me.
Direct link to the congressional action page.

1 comment:

Another Full Moon said...

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave that comment... sometimes I get in a rut and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.... I hope all is well for you and I wish your grandmother luck...