Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sprint to early and you crack

I came extremely close to becoming the new owner of a Surly Cross Check (sweet cyclocross bike- excellent for commuting, touring, cross racing, whatever you fancy) on eBay recently. I figured I could place my bid with 30 seconds remaining and no one would have time to counter. While, someone had the same idea around 8 seconds left, and I couldn't recover. Bummer. However, it was a loss and relief at the same time, because if I would have bought the Cross Check, I'd have to sell my singlespeed, because my bicycle herd would be a little too large for me to justify. I built the 1x1 myself, and I would sad to see it go, so all is still well. Anyhow. Alison and I are going to go hit the highway on our road bikes for a bit. The radar's been lit up all afternoon with thunderstorms, but there appears to be a break for now. Gotta ride...

No comments: