Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I finally downloaded the pix from the family trip to WI. Here you see my beautiful wife and I before our rent-a-cabin on Big Bearskin Lake, just north of Wausau. I've spent enough time in the northwoods region lately to be pretty sure that I could live there. Yes, there is definately a lack of large mountains, which are of course very desirable for outdoor adventure, but the northwoods holds enough opportunity to stay consistently interesting for a guy who never grew up and just wants to play outside. The cycling scene and backpacking ventures there would keep me smiling, I would imagine. There is still the problem of the North's frigid winters, which keep most people in a state of perpetual fattening inside their warm homes, but I'd just have to build up a Surly Pugsley and pedal the snow.
For now, I am still not pedaling. Thinking about giving it an easy go tonight or tommorow; I've been feeling pretty good the past couple days. I'm going pretty bonkers considering I basically have no work left for the remainder of the summer, and I can't ride very much. Soon.

No comments: