Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This is the sound of settling...

So settling in a new town is pretty crazy. Al's been spending the days getting trained in a OK3 Air, and I've been a "stay at (somebody else's) home husband". I've been spending pretty much all of my time searching for housing and jobs. I applied at a place today that sells New Pipers, as well as being an extensive aircraft parts dealer. We'll see if that turns out. We have had time for a bit of fun though, and I've been enjoying/struggling through some of my first rides out in mountain country. Kelly of course broke me in hard on Sunday morning, taking me to a place called "puke hill". I walked. Wasn't quite used to the altitude yet, but I'll have to give it another try soon. Road biking in around the Paasch's neighborhood is pretty challenging as well, being equipped with several lengths of 12% grades. I think I'll get tough quick down here. Nothin' like going 5mph on the way up and 42mph on the way down. :) Fun. Anyhow, we'll try to get some pix posted someday soon, but for now, more searchin' to do...

No comments: