Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Day Coverage...

Well, I'm giving a short recap of Christmas Day a few days late. It was our first married Christmas, and we had a good one. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend it with family, but Al and I had a great day with each other here in UT. I spent most of the morning cooking. You never realize how much work grandmas do on holidays until they aren't around anymore and you do it yourself. Wow, they are troopers. Anyhow, we had a great dinner, and then went up into the mountains for some holiday scenery. We went to see Mt. Timpanogos and Provo Canyon, since we haven't seen them yet, and pretty soon we won't get to anymore. (I haven't officially blogged the news yet, but Alison and I are moving to Coon Rapids, MN very shortly, due to jobs. Utah was a short run.) Anyhow, after we enjoyed the beauty of Northern UT, we visited our friends Kelly and Julie, and once again ate. Too much. Pretty normal for the holidays. But Christmas was good , and we look forward to seeing the relatives we missed soon...

Al and I somewhere in the Heber Valley area during our Christmas mountain viewing...














Ducks near the Mt. Timpanogos Wilderness Area...














Mullet showing Alison his Christmas love by licking her glasses while she tried out the new down summer bag my parents and I gave her...














My new Ortlieb rear touring panniers the Hovde's and Al gave me (they also gave me a set for the front, but I don't have a front rack to mount them quite yet)...

No comments: