Saturday, December 23, 2006

Winter walk...

I went hiking in Mueller Park today, because I couldn't stand sitting in the apartment anymore. I don't have any snowshoes yet, so it was a bit tricky in a couple areas, but I managed. I had a whole lot of fun, and the winter scenery was spectacular as usual. The photos I've posted aren't the best, as it was pretty much overcast and thus the lighting was poor. Plus, the battery in my camera was at it's limit and died halfway through the hike, so the pix are a little grainier than normal. But you can get a taste of the wintery goodness of the Northern Wasatch. The hike is a mix between tunnels of tree covered trail, and open vistas. There are usually a few other people (some with dogs) on the trail on most days, so the cougar danger is pretty low since they don't like busy areas. Today there was even a really loud guy running the trail with a mid-size pack, which would normally look pretty tough, but he kept falling down, (seemingly because he was so entranced by his iPod), so he just looked comical. Anyhow, enjoy the pix...















































No comments: