Sunday, December 17, 2006

stormin'

So aparently the local news here in Salt Lake calls about any amount of rain or snow a storm. I don't no how many times they've anounced to brace for it, and I've watched as little happened. I guess they have to factor in that it does actually get bad if you go up in elevation just a bit, so it's intense in the mountains, but down here in the valley it's pretty tame. So most storms aren't much to watch here at our apartment. However, last night, parts of the Salt Lake Valley aparently got 12" of snow, and it's dumping more up in the mountains. Our place didn't see much, but it's coming down now and we can't even see the mountains out our window. Sweet. I think I may jump on the touring bike and pedal in the whiteness for some excercise, since I am still too poor to buy skis and become a real citizen of this state. Anyhow, it finally seems to be winter here....

No comments: