Saturday, February 17, 2007

50 hours later...

My new job required me to go through a busy week of commuting to Bloomington (and hour drive each way due to traffic) for training. I don't know that I really learned anything, as I've already gained two years of bike mechanic experience, but I did get paid for fifty hours of easy work, and now I'm certified to fix your bike at Erik's and give your money to my boss. I'll be starting at the Coon Rapids store on Monday, and will be able to commute by bicycle and stop burning gas and money unnecessarily. I'm going to have to find some cyclocross tires for my fixed gear bike, because my mountain bike is up for sale (don't want to get it all sloppy), and I don't subject my touring bike to the salty winter MN roads. Anyhow, my schedule is somewhat slow for the next week at the shop, and the weather is supposed to warm up so that temps at night will be a balmy 18 degrees, so I may have to spend a night out winter camping. It would be nice to breath some fresh air. I don't own a four season tent just to fill my closet. As you were...

No comments: