Tuesday, February 06, 2007

New place to spend my time...

I just accepted a new job at Erik's Bikes and Boards here in Coon Rapids. I'll be working as a full time bicycle mechanic again. In some of my spare time I'll be helping my father in law with some flight training, as he is going after an instrument rating. I may or may not be working at a small flight school in the area too, depending on scheduling. An escape from "full-time" flying should feel good, as there never was any stability or pay in that, but it would be nice to keep my foot in the door of that industry if I should ever decide that I can't live without an unstable, underpaid, under appreciated career that demands a high level of training and expertise. We'll see. I may just have too much fun in the outdoor industry. Biking to work, working on bikes, biking after work. Not bad. This of course puts me in the position of needing a winter worthy two wheeled human powered machine, as I sold my old 1x1 in SLC. My Trek 8000 is up for sale if anyone wants it. So for now, this is everyone's notice that I found work. You can call me for more details; I'll be working through calling everyone soon.

No comments: