Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Freezin'

Ice. More Ice. Even More Ice. How much ice can you stick on a car? A friggin’ lot if you live in North Dakota. Getting back from the cities was quite a trip this weekend. We had to retreat from the highways to a hotel in hopes of not joining many other travelers in the ditch. It was the most freezing rain I’ve seen in a while, and I think if anyone was confused as to whether or not winter has hit here in the north country, it pretty much slapped us in the face to let us know it most definitely has. I stood in a parking lot in Fargo Monday morning, I put my arms out, and started to slide without trying across flat ground covered in glare ice during 40 mph winds. So yes, it’s crappy out. (But no, I’m not going to stop riding my bikes.) The cold season is tough, but not successful in stopping me. Eat it winter. You make a scene every year and stick your chest out like the big kid in class, but me and my Surly are just gonna trip you when you walk past our desk. I will be enjoying the fat tire snow rides with whoever else is enlightened to not hide with their tails between their legs.

No comments: