Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunday afternoon...

It's been hot lately. Today has been the first cool down in quite a while. It's only supposed to hit 70 degrees today, which is fine with me. I had one of the toughest Red River Valley road rides ever on Friday because of a combination of heat, wind, and riding solo. The wind was gusting close to 30mph out of the south, along with a humid 92 degrees. I did 40 miles, and it felt like a century. During the first half of my ride (of course into the wind), I kept thinking that it would be quite easy at my turn around; that I could just ride the wind back to town, but by the time that happened, I was pretty pooped from the first 20 miles, and the tailwind section hurt too. It was sure nice when I had all my old road riding buddies around, but they've heeded the call of the west, for the most part. Anyhow, it was a great ride from the standpoint of fitness. It just hurt a bit. I may return to the road for a bit today. I was suppose to give a stage check to a private pilot student today, with another flight to follow, but it's too cloudy for these particular students, conviently giving me some more time off today. We'll see what I end up doing with it. I have lots of projects going on, alongside endless resume and cover letter typing (still trying to find work west), and trying to stay fit. I better get back to it all...

No comments: