Saturday, March 17, 2007

Cycle Touring News...

My touring bike keeps getting cooler and cooler. The latest addition is a set of long-haul racks. There are a lot of good rack companies out there, so I opted to go with a bike company whose not let me down so far- Surly Bikes. Their touring racks, of course obnoxiously named the Surly "Nice Racks", are made of chromoly (steel alloy of chromium and molybdenum), are ultra tough and capable of just about any touring load, and unlike aluminum are weld-able at just about any Joe-Welder small town repair station in the world if you should ever break down (which probably won't happen due to their studliness). So no matter where my tours end up taking me in future years, these racks should get the job done. Now those of you who I am waiting to get tour equipped need to catch up, cuz my rig's ready. You know who you are Edward and Ty. California, Utah, Coast to Coast, dig it. Let's ride, camp, and repeat.

Some non-sissy mounts that will take a beating...














Front rack rated to 70lbs, though I have no plans of burdening myself that much...














Rear rack rated to 80lbs, though once again, just a safeguard letting me know that my loads will not take out my mounting platform; I better not carry around 80lbs of crap to go camping...

1 comment:

Ty said...

Dang it man, give me time! I'm jealous!