Saturday, March 24, 2007

Felt like old days...

This morning I got out flying again at Anoka County Airport. More like afternoon actually. The upper Midwest had some serious morning fog today, which the forecasts called for burning off by 9 am. I knew this would not happen from all my days of flight instructing. I was going with Dave, my father in law, and would be giving him free flight lesson in exchange for living in his house. (No, I don't usually charge several months rent for a lesson. It just seems to have worked out that way this time.) We were supposed to have launched at 9:30am, but got off at 1pm, after waiting for the fog to dissipate. We got home at 4pm. So, a morning flight took the whole day, and little was actually accomplished. Felt just like my old job. :) It was good to get up for the hour and a half flight though. We both had fun and plan on doing it again soon. Hopefully it won't eat up the whole Saturday though. I missed some sweet riding weather.

No comments: