Thursday, March 22, 2007

Random Rants from a Mechanic....

Thoughts brought on by my dear shop customers, which I cannot voice to them aloud, but spend the whole days wishing I could-

No. Huffy's (as well as Pacific's, Magna's Roadmasterss and vairous other WalMartish steeds) are not good bikes. I don't know how that idea ever entered America's head. They are sold in cheap department stores, are equipped with the lowest quality components on the market, have heavy, cheaply welded frames that bend/break easily, and when not absolutely babied constantly by someone who knows how to work on a bike, become down right dangerous to ride because of their low-quality standards. No, they are not good bikes. Don't get mad at me when I tell you how much it will cost just to make your slightly used Huffy safe to ride. Save up for a real machine.

-Phone calls from customers- I have no idea what it will cost you to fix the "thing" on your bike that doesn't work.

-Don't expect me to be able to send you home with a "standard bike tire", to fit your "standard bike".

Sorry, I know not everyone is a bike nut, but seriously....

-

No comments: