Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The chill has arrived...

Winter. It’s definitely here. The wind chill in breezy Grand Forks is currently -2F. Every year I forget how unpleasant those kind of temperatures feel, but time has proven that they won’t stop the riding. One must be a crazy person, but nonetheless, riding is still fun when your snot is freezing inside your nose. I’ve always said, if people can be out skiing in the winter, I can be out riding my bike. Since the little bit of work I have these days keeps getting cancelled, I think I’ll head out and do some pedaling tonight, possibly to the local bike shop to help a friend pick out parts for his rockin’ new Surly Karate Monkey singlespeed that he’s building. Sweet bike, I totally approve. Should be a good time.
In other news, Alison bought me my wedding ring today. I definitely like it. I went the titanium route, since gold and platinum are too sparkly for my taste. I’m not a sparkly dude. I was wearing it around for awhile today, and her roommates said I was acting like a girl. :) Probably. Oh well, it’s exiting to think that we’re getting married in less than three months! Well, I’m off to forage for some dinner.

No comments: