Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Van?

We'll I'd anounced my van was dead, and I may be temporarily wrong. I went in to Dietrich's yesterday (the bus station I work at part time), and the mechanics and I poked, prodded, kicked and shook the van to the point that we got it started. The alternator seems to be charging again, and we now suspect bad connections rather than the alternator itself. So, at least temporarily, the van is rolling down the road. I'm still saving for something else, cuz I no longer trust this vehicle after it has broken on me repeatedly in the past couple months, and is at an insane mileage on the first engine. Although, the engine itself seems to be the best thing left on the van. Anyhow, I may try to replace the thermostat today or tommorow, since that's under 10 bucks, and we'll just see about the clunky transmission mount. I haven't figured out if I need a lift for that or not. Man, bikes are so much simpler, and less costly. But cars don't make you show up to work with a sweaty crack. Nasty. I'm sorry I did that to you.

No comments: