Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Why Buttons?!

Usually clothing isn’t a much discussed topic on my blog, but today I decided that on a long sleeve button-up shirt, their should be Velcro at the cuffs and not friggin’ buttons. I don’t know about you, but it takes me forever to get the buttons on my cuffs together, because one hand is useless in the process. Is this efficient? Surely not. Would Velcro be easier, although not fashion appropriate, yes. I don’t need to be fashion appropriate. The elderly have wonderful clothing. It’s designed to be comfortable and easy to manage. The only thing wrong with it is that it’s usually cotton, and merino wool or synthetic fibers would be a higher-performance material, but the elderly aren’t typically doing much performing. I dig their Velcro and easy straps though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One would think that a crack climber would have the dexterity to button his own shirt!?!?!?