Monday, November 07, 2005

Fair weather Nov. group ride...

Well another Turtle River ride went down today, and it straight up rocked. I didn’t even ride my geared bike cuz singlespeeding was so flippin’ fun. I’ve decided that I end up going faster on the one-speeder cuz I have to. There’s no other choice, cuz that’s the one gear I have. I read from other ss’ers that that happens, and they end up dropping their geared buddies on rides. Fun. Also, I’ve assimilated someone to ride singlespeed with. My good friend David was out on the trails with me today, and he’s pretty much decided to purchase a Surly Karate Monkey, which is a sweet steel 29’er (29 inch wheels), with horizontal dropouts, making it one cool singlespeed frame. Yeah that’s right. If you didn’t know how cool that is, now you do. Fast and smooth.
Anyhow, the GF bike forum is growing a little more each week. People still seem timid to post group rides, as not everyone knows each other, but that’s what it’s for. They’ll catch on.
Winter isn’t here yet! It was 50 degrees during the ride today, and it’s Nov! Excellent. It can just stay this way and we can just skip the forty below sadness that we are normally crushed with come January. It’s no wonder my van is dying if I ask it to drive in that crap. Brr. Bedtime. More later…

No comments: