Thursday, November 03, 2005

Fixin' for some sweet rides...

I worked on my fixed gear bike tonight. It's still not completely built up as I want (got no money), but it's rideable. I through on the mustache bar Edward gave me, and it's lookin' very retro. I took it for a short ride in the beautiful weather tonight (freezing rain), and it was totally fun. Needs fenders though, I had a nice streak up the back at the end of the spin. And it's definately getting an e-brake installed. Fixies can be death traps in town. Motorists don't know what it's like to ride a bike anymore. And I guess I can't blame them for not expecting cyclists out in craptastic weather, but still, I don't think people pay much attention when they drive. It's a bit unnerving. But anyhow, the fixie is sweet, and I plan to work on it further, and do more riding with it until the snow stays, then it's definatley Surly time. Off to bed...

No comments: